Questions from the Community
1. What motivated the developers to propose this?
2. Are the holdings of the developers in GNO and STAKE made public?
3. While Gnosis is planning to split the governance power of GNO into COW and SAFE for their other products, do you think it is reasonable to proceed with the merger based on the current value of GNO (which actually includes the governance value of their products that will likely have a separate governance token)? Why not wait for their token splits from GNO?
4. What changes will be made to the GNO issuance policy and distribution methodology?
5. How can the merge benefit the xDai community with respect to the STAKE holders?
6. How will the chain be secured? If only 1 Gno is req for running a node, the price of Gno needs to have a big upside or the chain can be easy overtaken by others? How will it be decentralized?
7. What exactly are the metrics/statistics of some of the 'marketing objectives' / branding strength is Gnosis offering?
8. How would the merge affect the existing projects like xDai Punks, xDai Tigers or even De-Fi Platforms like Agave and 1Hive ?
9. Seeing as xDai chain has the potential to offer the Ethereum ecosystem as a cheap and fast scalability solution, why is XDAI team going ahead with this merger proposal at a low conversion rate? All our price discovery potential is ahead of us, why is the team and Gnosis setting a 14-day TWAP price right before token price potentially goes exponential?
10. If the xDai community isn't behind this trade will it be forced through by the team and Gnosis? Gnosis holds many hundreds of thousands of STAKE and we know which way they will vote, will they be ruled out of voting on this proposal so that we can see what the xdai community actually wants?
11. As far as I got it, the validation till SBC will be done as it is now by using Stake in the Validator pools. So the merger will happen when SBC goes live?
12. Who's idea was this - xDai or Gnosis? How much did the Gnosis team pay the xdai team for this? Do they get the same swap value or did they get other monetary compensation as well?
13. Incentive programs using STAKE, like on Agave, have really helped push liquidity to projects and have helped positively increase mindshare for xdai as a whole. Would there be replacement incentive programs to take place for those done with STAKE to now use GNO instead?
14. Which network in your opinion would benefit the most with the merge? xDai or Gnosis?
15. Which unique aspects of the counterparty's chain do you value the most?
16. I would like to know why Gnosis? In addition to providing money, Gnosis has other ways to raise the STAKE ecosystem? Who will be the CEO after the merger? Will the STAKE team stay in the new company? Does the merger affect the original ecosystem projects - for example SUSHI?
17. How do you imagine attracting new dev talents to the chain?
18. Will you keep the goals (becoming an official ETH testnet with real value in stake) of xDai?